Find cheap flights to Spain
Good to know
|January||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|February||Most popular time to fly (17% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£183||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Spain
- Looking for cheap airfare to Spain? 25% of our users found return tickets to Spain for the following prices or less: From Bristol £93, from Birmingham £100, from Glasgow £117
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be July, August and September. The cheapest month to fly to Spain is January.
- Spain has a number of airport hubs that provide onward connections to other destinations within the country. Madrid-Barajas Adolfo Suárez Airport (MAD) is the central hub, which has flight connections to both the north and south of the country. You could consider flights into Málaga Airport - Costa del Sol (AGP) if your visit is focused mainly on the south of the country, while flying into Bilbao is a good option for the Basque region in the north and if you would like to visit the east coast of Spain, then Alicante–Elche Airport (ALC) or Barcelona–El Prat Airport (BCN) are good options.
- If you are looking at flights to Spain to follow the popular Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage, you will need to travel to Santiago de Compostela Airport (SCQ) in Galicia. Ryanair and Vueling fly direct from London, while from other locations in the UK such as Manchester Airport (MAN) and Glasgow Airport (GLA), you will need to take a flight via Madrid or Barcelona.
- Visitors wanting to spend time in the Extremadura region on the westernmost border of Spain in order to visit the Roman cities of Mérida and Cáceres can fly into Madrid Airport and make the journey west by road or rail. Alternatively, you could fly into Humberto Delgado Airport (LIS) in Lisbon and then travel east by car, as the Extremadura region is situated almost exactly half-way between Madrid and Lisbon.
- By law, it is necessary to use a child car seat when driving with children under the age of 5 in Spain. Car hire companies have suitable seats, so you won’t need to take your own if you plan to hire a vehicle, however, remember to reserve it in advance when you book your car. Some taxis do have car seats, but it may be more difficult to book one that offers this service and you may have a longer waiting time at the airport.
- If you are interested in visiting the wine region in the north of Spain, you could consider flying into Bilbao and then travelling by road to La Rioja – the region of vineyards. It is possible to book flights direct from various airports in the UK to Bilbao and then hire a car or use public transport to take you to your final destination.
FAQs - booking Spain flights
How long is the flight to Spain?
What is the cheapest flight to Spain?
Which airlines fly to Spain?
What are the most popular destinations in Spain?
Do flights to Spain depart only from the main airports in the UK?
Which airport is closest to the village of Ronda?
Where should I fly to in Spain if I want to see the Alhambra?
Where is it best to buy currency in Spain?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 3 airlines flying to Spain
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to Spain (Return)
Book cheap flights to Spain (One-way)
Flights to Spain
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.