Find cheap flights from the United States to London
Good to know
|November||Best time to beat the crowds (5% less expensive on average)|
|June||Most popular time to fly (23% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£597||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to London
- Looking for cheap airfare to London? 25% of our users found return tickets to London for the following prices or less: From New York £278
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be May, June and July. The cheapest month to fly to London is September.
- Flights to London can land you in any number of airports serving the greater London area. Six international airports service London and, in terms of number of passengers served, they rank as follows: Heathrow Airport, Gatwick Airport, London Stansted Airport, Luton Airport, London City Airport and London Southend Airport. Lucky travelers flying to London have a plethora of options.
- Perhaps the most popular airport, Heathrow easily connects to the London Underground and can be reached via the Piccadilly Line. Travel time should be under an hour and a single-way fare will be upwards of six pounds (around USD $8.00). Heathrow has three separate stations on the London Underground: one for terminals 2 and 3 and one each for terminals 4 and 5.
- The Rest and Relaxation Room in Terminal 3 of Heathrow Airport is perfect for travelers stuck with a long layover. Snack machines, sofas, and lounge chairs will tide the weary traveler over until boarding time in this free and oft-visited lounge. For travelers willing to pay for premium service, there are a variety of other lounges that offer private rooms, showers, and fully equipped bars.
- Landing in Gatwick Airport? There are several popular ways to reach the city from the airport. Trains run to London Bridge and Victoria, and many locations around the city are reachable by London Blackfriars. As if that weren’t enough, coaches and shuttle buses offer service to a number of other locations across the city.
- If duty-free shopping is one of the perks of traveling for you, then Heathrow is definitely the airport to head to. Not only do they have an extensive range of luxury stores and products, but pre-ordering purchases a day in advance also saves you time, as it allows you to skip the lines. Heathrow Reward members earn points with every purchase as well. These points can later be redeemed for miles and many other perks.
FAQs - booking London flights
What is the cheapest flight to London?
Which airlines fly to London?
Which London airport is closest to central London?
Which London airport offers good services for families traveling with children?
What services are there for business travelers in Heathrow?
Which London airport is closest to downtown?
Are there good restaurants in Heathrow?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top airlines flying from the United States to London
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from United States to London (return)
Book cheap flights from United States to London (one-way)
Flights to London
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.