Find cheap flights to Budapest
Good to know
|November||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|August||Most popular time to fly (15% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£185||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Budapest
- Looking for cheap airfare to Budapest? 25% of our users found return tickets to Budapest for the following prices or less: From London £72, from Manchester £93, from Birmingham £106
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Budapest is January.
- There are four commercial airports in Hungary, but the largest and most convenient to the capital city of Budapest is the Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport, which serves as a hub for WizzAir and a base for Ryanair, accommodating budget travellers as well as those booking flights to Budapest and traveling on non-budget airlines.
- Getting to the city centre after your flight to Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport takes approximately 35 minutes driving. Taxis are available for hire at the airport, and a ride to the centre of Budapest will typically cost around 7200 HUF (20 GBP). Buses also leave directly from the airport that can get you to the city centre. While the 200E bus line can connect you to the metro to move freely throughout the city, the new 100E bus line will take you directly to the city centre for around 900 HUF(2.50 GBP).
- Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport offers five different car parks to accommodate travellers: Premium, Terminal, Business, Holiday and Holiday Lite. The airport parking options range from around 3000 HUF (8.32 GBP) to approximately 20,000 HUF(55 GBP) per day, and vary in distance from the terminals, parking duration options, valet options and pick-up/drop-off options.
- If you’re in need of some snacks, relaxation, peace and quiet before your departure, the Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport offers five lounge options, from the SkyCourt Lounge to the BUD VIP Lounge. All lounges are equipped with a range of food and drink options, with WiFi and access to office equipment for any last-minute business needs.
- For those interested in educational activities, gain a glimpse into the evolution of commercial aviation at the Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport’s own AEROPARK, a dedicated museum giving insight to the form, function, creation and evolution of commercial aircraft. In addition to viewing different aircraft, patrons can also try their hand at an onsite flight simulator.
FAQs - booking Budapest flights
How long is the flight to Budapest?
What is the cheapest flight to Budapest?
Which airlines fly to Budapest?
How far is Budapest airport from central Budapest?
What is the name of Budapest’s airport?
Are there any activities for children at the Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport?
Which car rental companies operate at Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport?
Can I access trains from the airport?
Is there free WiFi at the Budapest airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 4 airlines flying to Budapest Ferenc Liszt Intl
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Budapest Plane Tickets (Return)
Book Cheap Budapest Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to Budapest
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.