Find cheap flights to Germany
Good to know
|January||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|April||Most popular time to fly (10% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£172||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Germany
- Looking for cheap airfare to Germany? 25% of our users found return tickets to Germany for the following prices or less: From Birmingham £140, from Edinburgh Turnhouse £141, from Bristol £150
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Germany is January.
- While many travellers fly to Frankfurt Airport (FRA) to visit Frankfurt itself, the airport is also a convenient hub for connecting flights and trains to other German cities and a lot of other countries. More than 170 trains stop at Frankfurt Airport train station each day, providing direct connections to many cities in Germany and abroad, like Vienna, Milan, Zürich and Amsterdam. Hence, Frankfurt Airport is a great place to fly to if you would like to venture around Germany and Europe. Another airport in the region is Frankfurt-Hahn Airport (HHN), which serves many budget carriers, however, it is approx. 75 mi from Frankfurt.
- There are two main airports in Berlin: Berlin Tegel (TXL) and Berlin Schoenefeld (SXF). Both receive international flights to Germany, however Schönefeld mostly serves low-cost airlines like easyJet and Ryanair.
- Munich Airport (MUC) serves as the primary airport in southern Germany and is the airport you should fly to if you are mainly visiting Bavaria and surroundings. The airport is located 28km northeast of Munich, which is convenient for visiting the Alps.
- Konrad Adenauer Airport (CGN) located between Cologne and Bonn is a base for Eurowings and other budget airlines. Travelling from the airport railway station to Frankfurt Airport takes less than 1h by InterCity Express train. The train also provides easy access to other cities in Germany, with Intercity Express trains going from Cologne all the way to Frankfurt, Munich and Berlin.
- As a British citizen, you currently do not need a visa to visit Germany. It is worth checking the government website for up-to-date regulations regarding travel to Germany and within the Schengen zone.
FAQs - booking Germany flights
Which airlines have a flexible cancellation policy for flights from the United Kingdom to Germany due to COVID-19?
How long is the flight to Germany?
What is the cheapest flight to Germany?
Which airlines fly to Germany?
What are the most popular destinations in Germany?
Which flights to Germany should I look at if I want to visit the Black Forest?
Which flights to Germany should I look at if I want to visit Neuschwanstein Castle?
Are there festivals in Germany I should pay attention to when booking my flight?
What transport options are there at the airports?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Germany
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Germany Plane Tickets
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
Flights to Germany
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.