Find cheap flights to Munich
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Munich
- Looking for cheap airfare to Munich? 25% of our users found return tickets to Munich for the following prices or less: From London £105, from Manchester £111, from Birmingham £144
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be August and September. The cheapest month to fly to Munich is January.
- If you’re feeling hungry after flights to Munich Franz Josef Strauss airport, you can choose from a number of restaurants offering Bavarian and international cuisine. Make sure you browse through the 150 shops and boutiques. If you spend more than 18 pounds, you are eligible for 3 hours of free carpark at the P20 car park.
- If you need a nap, you will find sleeping pods throughout Terminal 2 which you can rent by the hour for a little reenergising nap, with a minimum stay of 2 hours. The price per hour is 9 pounds or 13.5 pounds depending on the time of the day.
- If you need to freshen up, you can head to Terminal 2 or to the Munich Airport Centre for a shower. Head to the Service Centre for a towel, shower gel and shampoo. The price per use is 13.5 pounds with an 18 pound deposit.
- For some stress relief, visit the Chi-Mas Institute for an acupressure massage. You can also visit the Bodystreet fitness centre at the Munich Airport Centre for an electro-muscular stimulation workout.
- If you are flying with kids, there are multiple children’s play areas spread around both terminals, you can also leave the kids in Kinderland with trained childcare specialists. Both services are closed on Mondays and are only open until 6pm on the other days. Prices start from 1.8 pounds per hour for the first hour.
FAQs - booking Munich flights
How long is the flight to Munich?
|Flights from London||1h 56m|
|Flights from Edinburgh||2h 15m|
|Flights from Birmingham||1h 53m|
|Flights from Manchester||2h 03m|
What is the cheapest flight to Munich?
The cheapest airline ticket to Munich from United Kingdom in the last 72 hours was £73 return on the route London to Munich. The most popular route is London to Munich and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was £151 return.
Which airlines fly to Munich?
How far is Munich airport from central Munich?
Munich Airport is 18 miles from the centre of Munich. View on map.
What is the name of Munich’s airport?
Munich is served by Munich Franz Josef Strauss Airport, also commonly referred to as Franz J Strauss, Franz Josef Strauss, Munich, Munich Intl, or simply Munich Airport. The airport code is MUC.
How do I get from Munich Franz Josef Strauss airport to Munich city centre?
You can reach the Munich city centre from Munich airport using a train or a bus. The S1 and S8 S-Bahn train lines depart the airport every 10 minutes in the direction of the centre. As for buses, Flixbus and Lufthansa Express Bus are the two services that connect the airport to the centre. The main bus stop is outside Terminal 2, which is about 5 to 10 minutes’ walk from Terminal 1. On the other hand, the stop for the Lufthansa Express Bus is located outside in front of the Munich Airport Centre, which is a few steps away from terminals 1 and 2.
Are there any onsite hotels at Munich airport?
The Hilton Munich Airport is located between terminals 1 and 2, and offers all the comforts of first class hotels, and easily accessible before early flights or if arriving on late flights to Munich airport. You have the option to rent a day room for a short stay, you also have access to the fitness centre and the Hilton Fit & Fly Spa with whirlpool, sauna and steam bath.
Are there any budget airlines that fly to Munich airport?
A few budget airlines offer flights to Munich Franz Josef Strauss airport. Eurowings and easyJet both have direct flights, however Ryanair flights can typically include a stopover. If you are flying from the UK, the length of a flight is normally around 2 hours.
Can I deposit my luggage for a few hours at the Munich airport?
You can leave your luggage at the Service Centres of Munich airport. This service can be found in both terminals, it is open 24 hours a day in Terminal 1, and from 5am to midnight in Terminal 2. The cost depends on the size of the bag and the number of hours it has been deposited, but there is also a one-time fee of 4.5 GBP on top of the hourly rate.
Book Cheap Munich Plane Tickets(Return)
Cons: British Airways lost my ski bag. I had plenty of time with connections and feel there was no excuse. I had to wait in line over 30 minutes to report, thus missing my train. I'm 4 hours behind in travel and who knows when my ski bag will show up. I am very upset.
Flights to Munich
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.