Find cheap flights to Washington
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|July||Most popular time to fly (22% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£747||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Washington
- Looking for cheap airfare to Washington? 25% of our users found return tickets to Washington for the following prices or less: From Birmingham £457, from Manchester £485, from London £568
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June, July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Washington is February.
- There are a number of cities in the UK with direct flights to Washington DC, including London, Manchester, Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Birmingham. You will fly into one of Washington’s two major internationals airports – Dulles International Airport (IAD) or Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA).
- Reagan Airport is the closest airport to downtown Washington DC at just a 13-minute drive across the Potomac River. This airport is well connected to the public transport system on the Blue Line and Yellow Line of the Metrorail, which will take you into the city centre. You can find the station between Terminals B and C.
- The larger Dulles Airport is located approximately 40 minutes outside of Washington DC and is not part of the Metrorail service. To help connect travellers to the city, you can catch the Silver Line Express bus to the Wiehle-Reston East station on the Silver Line. This service costs approximately $5 a ticket (£3.70), plus the metro ticket.
- If you’re travelling with kids, Dulles Airport has partnered with NASA to provide an interactive gaming area on Concourse B near Gate B70. Here your children, or children at heart, can play games and learn while waiting to fly. The airport website also has activity sheets free to print off.
- For those who need a phone charger after their flight to Washington DC, Reagan Airport has charging stations near the gates, in the restaurant area and at the baggage claim level. You will find these by looking for the "Power Up" sign.
FAQs - booking Washington flights
What is the cheapest flight to Washington?
Which airlines fly to Washington?
Which Washington airport is closest to central Washington?
How do I transfer between terminals at the Washington Airports?
Where can I find the duty-free stores at the Washington Airports?
Where can I get something to eat after my flight?
What accommodation options are there near the Washington Airports?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top airlines flying to Washington
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Washington Plane Tickets (Return)
Book Cheap Washington Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to Washington
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.