Find cheap flights to Norway
Good to know
|January||Best time to beat the crowds (7% less expensive on average)|
|June||Most popular time to fly (20% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£262||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Norway
- Looking for cheap airfare to Norway? 25% of our users found return tickets to Norway for the following prices or less: From London £146, from Edinburgh Turnhouse £212, from Birmingham £233
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Norway is January.
- The major international airports in Norway are found in Oslo, Bergen, Ålesund, Tromsø, Trondheim, Haugesund, Sandefjord and Stavanger. Among the flights to Norway on offer to those travelling from the UK, flying to Oslo Airport (OSL) is the most convenient, as airlines like SAS, British Airways, Norwegian and Ryanair fly from London airports to Oslo Airport every day.
- From Oslo Airport, it is easy to travel around Oslo and to neighbouring cities by train, bus, taxi or rental car. You can rent a car at Oslo Airport as long as you have your UK driving licence and appropriate insurance cover. If you would like a taxi, you can find details regarding fixed rates from different taxi companies that offer transport from Oslo Airport at the taxi information desk in the arrivals hall.
- Consider Ålesund Airport (AES) for your flights to Norway, as is it is conveniently located near some of Norway's most popular tourist attractions. The Art Nouveau Town of Ålesund, the Geirangerfjord, Trollstigen and the Briksdalsbreen glacier are all very accessible from Ålesund Airport.
- As a British citizen, you do not need a visa for short stays in Norway. You are allowed to spend 90 days in the country within a 180-day period. Since Norway is in the Schengen area, visits to any countries in the Schengen area within the 180-day period will count against your 90-day limit. Your passport should also at have a least 3-month validity from the date you depart Norway.
- The currency in Norway is the Kroner. The import and export of the Norwegian Kroner is set at 25,000 kr (about £2,500). If you are bringing in excess of this limit, you should declare at to customs on arrival.
FAQs - booking Norway flights
How long is the flight to Norway?
What is the cheapest flight to Norway?
Which airlines fly to Norway?
What are the most popular destinations in Norway?
Where should I fly to if I want to see the northern lights in Norway?
Where should I fly to if I want to visit Svalbard?
Where should I go skiing in Norway?
How do I get to Geirangerfjord?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Norway
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to Norway (Return)
Book cheap flights to Norway (One-way)
Flights to Norway
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.