Find cheap flights to Birmingham
Good to know
|September||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (7% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£114||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Birmingham
- Looking for cheap airfare to Birmingham? 25% of our users found return tickets to Birmingham for the following prices or less: From Belfast £54, from Edinburgh Turnhouse £69, from Aberdeen Dyce £72
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be October, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Birmingham is January.
- Birmingham Airport is the main airport serving the entire West Midlands, including Birmingham, Coventry, Wolverhampton and the surrounding cities. Although the area can be reached from other airports, Birmingham Airport is by far the most convenient airport for travellers booking flights to Birmingham.
- There are a few options when getting to the Birmingham city centre from Birmingham Airport. The Air-Rail Link monorail system provides a free, two-minute connection to the Birmingham International Railway Station, which has direct connections to Birmingham city centre. Trains to the city centre from the railway station can take anywhere from 10-15 minutes and fares begin at around £3.80. The National Express WM X1 and X12 buses also run to the city centre from the railway station, but these take about an hour and cost £2.40.
- There are many different dining options at Birmingham Airport for a quick bite while waiting for your flight to depart. Airport staples like Burger King and Caffe Nero can be found, as well as a handful of bars and full-service restaurants. There are dining areas both before and after security for a refuel at any point of your journey through the airport.
- If you’re travelling with children, there is a play area near gate 55 of Birmingham Airport. This pre-flight play zone called “Sky Zone” features entertainment and interactive games for children. This area is free to use, and children must be supervised at all times.
- If you require parking, there are six different car parks you can choose from at Birmingham Airport, all ranging in both fare and distance. The five closest car parks all have fares starting at around £5.10 per hour, while the off-site car park charges around £33 per day.
FAQs - booking Birmingham flights
How long is the flight to Birmingham?
What is the cheapest flight to Birmingham?
Which airlines fly to Birmingham?
How far is Birmingham airport from central Birmingham?
What is the name of Birmingham’s airport?
How long does it take to get to the city centre from Birmingham Airport by taxi?
Does the Birmingham Airport have any lounge areas?
Is there free WiFi throughout Birmingham Airport?
Is there an onsite hotel at Birmingham Airport?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights to Birmingham?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket to Birmingham?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights to Birmingham?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight to Birmingham?
Top 5 airlines flying to Birmingham
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Birmingham Plane Tickets (Return)
Book Cheap Birmingham Plane Tickets (One-way)
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.