Find cheap flights to San Francisco
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds (5% less expensive on average)|
|July||Most popular time to fly (26% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£645||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to San Francisco
- Looking for cheap airfare to San Francisco? 25% of our users found return tickets to San Francisco for the following prices or less: From London £342, from Edinburgh Turnhouse £433, from Manchester £459
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June, July and August. The cheapest month to fly to San Francisco is April.
- If you are booking flights to San Francisco, be sure to look at flights to San Francisco International Airport and Oakland International Airport, both of which are located in the San Francisco area. While most of the larger airlines fly into San Francisco International Airport, some airlines (such as British Airways) also fly from the UK into Oakland International. Other airlines (such as Norwegian) only fly into Oakland, but it is worth having a look to compare the prices.
- Stressed about flying – look no further than San Francisco International Airport’s ‘Wag Brigade’. This Brigade consists of dogs (and now a pig) – brought in by the San Francisco Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals – that wander around the terminals with their handlers to bring calm and happiness to nervous travellers. The animals, selected specifically for their temperament and suitability for airports, wear vests with the words “Pet Me!” written on them so you know who they are.
- If you have a layover for four hours or more after your flight to San Francisco, take advantage of the time to venture into San Francisco and the Peninsula Bay area. This can be done easily on public transport – catching the BART train from the airport to, for example, Montgomery Street Station, will take you to Chinatown, the historic heart of San Francisco and Northbeach which, with its Italian influence, has a mixture of jazz clubs, galleries, restaurants and gelato shops. The trip will take you 30 minutes one way and tickets can be purchased at the station.
- Fancy pampering yourself while you wait for your next flight, XpresSpa services, which exist at all terminals, are the perfect places to go. These spas offer treatments such as manicures, pedicures, massages and facials – a perfect way to treat yourself in between flights or before you head into the city.
- For families travelling with kids there are a range of activities to keep them happy while in between flights. There are play areas in T2 and T3 or you can visit the Aviation Museum and Library which is free of charge and contains exhibitions about the history of air transport and the development of commercial flights. For children (and adults) who love aviation – this is a good place to spend some time.
FAQs - booking San Francisco flights
How long is the flight to San Francisco?
What is the cheapest flight to San Francisco?
Which airlines fly to San Francisco?
How far is San Francisco airport from central San Francisco?
What is the name of San Francisco’s airport?
Is it possible to hire a car at San Francisco International Airport?
What hotels are near San Francisco International Airport?
Are there shower facilities at San Francisco International Airport?
What car parking facilities are available at San Francisco International Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to San Francisco
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap San Francisco Plane Tickets (Return)
Book Cheap San Francisco Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to San Francisco
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.