Find cheap flights to Cancún
Good to know
|September||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (10% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£796||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Cancún
- Looking for cheap airfare to Cancún? 25% of our users found return tickets to Cancún for the following prices or less: From Manchester £468, from London £526, from Glasgow £561
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be July, August and September. The cheapest month to fly to Cancún is February.
- Regularly named one of the top airports in Latin America and the Caribbean, Cancun Airport (CUN) is also one of the region’s busiest transport hubs. Around 25 million passengers pass through each year on their way to Cancun city as well as Playa del Carmen, Isla Mujeres and the Riviera Maya area.
- If you are travelling to Cancun Airport on an international flight, it is worth noting that you will need to fill out a tourist card upon arrival. To save time and avoid lengthy queues at immigration, the airport website now offers you the chance to fill out and print your form in advance.
- Travellers using flights to Cancun as the starting point for an exploration of the Mayan ruins at Tulum, Cobá or Chichén Itzá can hire a private car and driver directly at the airport; rates are negotiable but start at around 2,000 MXN (78 GBP) one-way. It is also possible to take the ADO bus to visit the ruins at Tulum; the 2 hour trip costs 262 MXN (10 GBP). If you have an international driving permit, hiring your own car is cheap and practical.
- Cancun Airport features three main terminals; two servicing international routes and one for domestic flights. A free trolleybus shuttles between the terminals but does not have a regular schedule – it will depart from each building when full.
- Need to get some local currency after your flight to Cancun? Both global currency exchange services and cashpoints are available in the International Arrivals area. It is sometimes possible to reserve your currency online in advance to benefit from the best rates and guarantee your Mexican pesos will be waiting upon arrival.
FAQs - booking Cancún flights
How long is the flight to Cancún?
What is the cheapest flight to Cancún?
Which airlines fly to Cancún?
How far is Cancún airport from central Cancún?
What is the name of Cancún’s airport?
Are there direct flights to Cancun from the UK?
How can I get from Cancun Airport to the city centre?
Is there an on-site hotel at Cancun Airport?
Where can I relax during a stopover at Cancun Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Cancun
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Cancún Plane Tickets (Return)
Book Cheap Cancún Plane Tickets (One-way)
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.