Find cheap flights to Mexico
Good to know
|June||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|March||Most popular time to fly (13% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£909||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Mexico
- Looking for cheap airfare to Mexico? 25% of our users found return tickets to Mexico for the following prices or less: From Manchester £590, from London £592, from Aberdeen Dyce £646
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Mexico is February.
- The main airport hub for international airlines in Mexico is Mexico City International Airport (MEX), although many airlines will fly directly to some of the tourist destinations. Mexico City Airport is centrally located and so is a good place to explore both north and south. If you want to explore the Gulf of Mexico, you should consider flying in to Monterrey, while if you are interested in the Pacific coast, you could fly into Acapulco International Airport (ACA).
- If you are looking at flights to Mexico so you can visit the city of Campeche, you can book a flight to Campeche International Airport (CPE) via Cancun or Mexico City. Another alternative which may be less expensive, although it will take up to 6.5h, is to fly into Cancun (CUN) and then make the journey overland to Campeche.
- For visitors to Mexico who are wanting to spend time on the beaches in Puerto Vallarta, you are in luck, as there are direct flights from the London Gatwick (LGW) and Manchester Airport (MAN) into Puerto Vallarta International Airport (PVR). These direct flights operate during the high season, otherwise Aeromexico operates flights via Mexico City to Puerto Vallarta all year round.
- Visitors to Mexico do not need to be in possession of a visa upon arrival but will have to complete an immigration form that must be carried when you enter and leave the country. You can get the immigration form at the airport when you arrive, on your flight or, if your passport is valid for six months after entering Mexico, you can complete the form online in advance of travel. If you are transiting through the US, it is important to check that you have the correct authorisation to land in the US.
- While the main airports in Mexico will have bureau du change counters in the terminals, it is important to note that it is easier to change USD than it is to change GBP. UK debit and credit cards can be used as payment and at ATMs in the bigger centres. If you want to take a taxi from the airport, you might need to pay cash for the journey, as they may not accept cards.
FAQs - booking Mexico flights
How long is the flight to Mexico?
What is the cheapest flight to Mexico?
Which airlines fly to Mexico?
What are the most popular destinations in Mexico?
Are there non-stop flights to Mexico?
Do I need to pay departure tax on leaving Mexico?
Which airport should I fly to in Mexico if I want to visit El Tajín?
I am going to Playa del Carmen, what is the best airport to use?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Mexico
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to Mexico (Return)
Book cheap flights to Mexico (One-way)
Flights to Mexico
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.