Find cheap flights to San José
Good to know
|October||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|July||Most popular time to fly (15% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£764||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to San José
- Looking for cheap airfare to San José? 25% of our users found return tickets to San José for the following prices or less: From London £502, from Newcastle upon Tyne £512, from Birmingham £528
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June, July and August. The cheapest month to fly to San José is September.
- When booking your flights to San José, you will fly into the primary airport, the Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO), located about 30min from San José, near Alajuela. There is a secondary airport, Tobías Bolaños International Airport (SYQ), however this airport does not receive flights from the UK.
- If you need to purchase some local currency, the Costa Rican Colón, after your flight to San José, you can find Global Exchange foreign exchange services near luggage carousels 3 and 5 in the baggage claim area.
- To avoid unnecessary roaming charges on your mobile devices, you can purchase local, prepaid SIM Cards at the San José Airport. The ICE Kölbi communications company can be found near luggage carousel 2 in the baggage claim area and is open from 6:00 – 22:25.
- For those who have booked a rental car to explore Costa Rica, you can find the registration counters beside the customs counters in the San José Airport Arrivals Area. Here you can find companies Economy, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless, Solid, Budget, Alamo and Dollar. Counters are open between 5:00 – 23:00.
- If you’re looking for something to eat after your flight to San José, you can find the restaurant Malinch in the arrival area. Here you can take a seat and enjoy some local Costa Rican cuisine or order a cup of coffee.
FAQs - booking San José flights
How long is the flight to San José?
What is the cheapest flight to San José?
How far is San José airport from central San José?
What is the name of San José’s airport?
How do I travel from San José Airport into the city?
Are there any passenger lounges at San José Airport?
What hotels offer an airport shuttle to San José Airport?
What shops are there at San José Airport?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights to San José?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket to San José?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights to San José?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight to San José?
Top 5 airlines flying to San José Juan Santamaria Intl
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap San José Plane Tickets
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.