Find cheap flights to England
Book cheap flights to England(Return)
Pros: Steal money!!!! You guys didn’t allow to bring our carryons in to airplane and was a little short, she forced us to pay for them and send to the big luggage. But when we was boarding there so many people with a bigger baggage!!! I can’t accept that !!!
Pros: I was expecting EasyJet to run late and the crew to be overworked and rude, but they were like Southwest Airlines in the USA, very nice and on-time.
Cons: This applies to all airlines: crack down on travelers trying to bring to much cabin luggage! Also, travelers should have to first use the bin space above their seat before using some other bin space. Many people in the back of plane cram their cabin luggage into the first bins they see so they don't have to carry it from the back.
Pros: the length of the flight and check in was fast with the machine
Cons: the boarding was chaotic, the airport and airline staff were confused and disorganized, the flight was delayed, we had to walk on the tarmac which was completely open to the street (I could have just walked straight to the plane without going through the airport at all basically), the leg room inside the plane is so tight that my knees were almost touching the back of the seat in front of me and I am only 5 feet tall, a bottle of water was 6 British pounds which is a ridiculous price, the landing was less than stellar
Latest England Flight Deals
Top tips for finding cheap flights to England
- Looking for cheap airfare to England? 25% of our users found return tickets to England for the following prices or less: From Belfast £67, from Edinburgh £74, from London £215
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and March. The cheapest month to fly to England is January.
- When flying to England, the most central airport in the country is East Midlands Airport (EMA), which serves Nottingham (13 mi) and Leicester (18 mi). It’s also around 3h 30min away from London by train or approx. 2h 45min by car.
- If you’re searching for a flight to England to visit the northern part of the country, you can fly into Liverpool John Lennon Airport (LPL) or Manchester Airport (MAN). Keep in mind that Manchester is the third-busiest airport in England, so if you want a less busy airport, Liverpool is a good alternative.
- If you’re visiting the south of England, London Gatwick (LGW) is on the southeast side of London and one of the busiest in the country. Even if you're not staying in the capital, you can benefit from having plenty of options when it comes to airlines, routes, and prices. Alternatively, you could look for flights to airport like Southampton Airport (SOU), the other major airport in the southeast, or Exeter Airport (EXT), which is in the southwest of the country.
- For passengers travelling to the east of England, London Luton Airport (LTN) and London Stansted Airport (STN) have the most options in terms of airlines and routes, but are also two of the busiest airports in England. London Southend Airport (SEN), on the other hand, is one of the less busy airports, but is served by fewer airlines.
- Birmingham International Airport (BHX) is the only major airport serving the west of England. It is only around 7 mi from the centre of Birmingham, from where you have plenty of onward transport links to reach your final destination.
FAQs - booking England flights
How long is the flight to England?
The average direct flight from United Kingdom to England takes 3h 10m, covering a distance of 262 miles. The most popular route is Edinburgh - London with an average flight time of 1h 20m.
What is the cheapest flight to England?
The cheapest ticket to England from United Kingdom found in the last 72 hours was £46. The most popular route is Edinburgh to London and the cheapest airline ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was £66.
Which airlines fly to England?
Qatar Airways, British Airways & Iberia fly the most frequently from United Kingdom to England. The most popular route is Edinburgh to London, and Qatar Airways, Finnair and British Airways fly this route the most.
What are the most popular destinations in England?
Based on KAYAK flight searches, the most popular destination is London (60% of total searches to England). The next most popular destinations are Manchester (12%) and Birmingham (6%). Searches for flights to Newcastle upon Tyne (5%), Newquay (4%) and Liverpool (3%) are also popular.
Which airport in London is closest to the city centre?
London City Airport (LCY) is the closest to the city centre – around 25min away by public transportation and about 30min by car. This airport is served by flights from Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Belfast City, and Exeter, operated by British Airways and Flybe. If you’re looking for more options in terms of airlines and onward destinations, you can book your flight to England for London Heathrow (LHR). This airport is about 30min from the city centre by public transportation.
Which airports in Scotland offer direct flights to England?
This depends on where exactly you’re going in England, but from the five main airports in Scotland, Glasgow Airport (GLA) is the one offering most connections and options when it comes to airlines. Most flights to England from this airport are operated by low-cost airlines like easyJet, Flybe, and Ryanair.
Which major airports in England serve Yorkshire?
There are three airports in England serving Yorkshire: Doncaster Sheffield Airport (DSA), around 35min by road from Sheffield; Humberside Airport (HUY), approx. 30min drive from Hull; and Leeds Bradford International Airport (LBA), around 25min by car from Leeds. Leeds Airport has most connections to other destinations in the United Kingdom. Flybe flies from Humberside to Aberdeen and from Doncaster Sheffield to Belfast-City.
I’m travelling to the Cotswolds. Which airport do I choose?
The closest airport to the Cotswolds is Birmingham International Airport, which is about 1h from the region by car. If you’re travelling from Scotland, you can catch a direct flight to Birmingham from Aberdeen International Airport (ABZ), Edinburgh Airport (EDI), Glasgow International Airport (GLA), or Inverness Airport (INV). Passengers travelling from Northern Ireland can fly out of Belfast International Airport (BFS) with easyJet, or out of Belfast City Airport (BHD) with Flybe.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Flights to England
- Flights »
- United Kingdom:
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.