Find cheap flights to Virginia
Latest Virginia Flight Deals
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Virginia
- Looking for cheap airfare to Virginia? 25% of our users found return tickets to Virginia for the following prices or less: From Edinburgh Turnhouse £481, from Inverness £594, from London £635
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Virginia is January.
- Flights to Virginia from the UK terminate at one of several airports across the US state. Norfolk International Airport (ORF) and Richmond International Airport (RIC) are two of the busiest airports on the list that also includes Newport News-Williamsburg Airport (PHF) and Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport (CHO).
- Delta Air Lines is the principal air carrier for flights leaving the United Kingdom, many of them involving stopovers. For example, flights in conjunction with Air France from London Heathrow Airport (LHR) will make stops at Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) and then New York John F Kennedy Airport (JFK) before arriving at Norfolk Airport.
- Delta flights in partnership with KLM from Manchester Airport (MAN) will stop at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS) and either New York JFK or Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL) en route to Norfolk, while Delta flights with Virgin Atlantic will make stops at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, New York JFK, Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson or Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW) before arriving in Norfolk.
- Both Glasgow International Airport (GLA) and Edinburgh Turnhouse Airport (EDI) offer flights to Virginia. Flights from Edinburgh Turnhouse Airport with KLM/Delta will usually stop at Amsterdam Schiphol and Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson while stand-alone Delta flights tend to make connections at New York JFK and Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson before continuing to Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport (CHO).
- Flights from Glasgow Airport destined for Norfolk Airport with KLM/Delta normally follow the Amsterdam – New York/Atlanta route, while flights with Virgin Atlantic/Delta will make connections first at Orlando International Airport (MCO) and then at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson before landing in Norfolk.
FAQs - booking Virginia flights
How long is the flight to Virginia?
The average direct flight from United Kingdom to Virginia takes 21h 15m, covering a distance of 3681 miles. The most popular route is Manchester - Richmond with an average flight time of 16h 53m.
What is the cheapest flight to Virginia?
The cheapest ticket to Virginia from United Kingdom found in the last 72 hours was £221. The most popular route is Manchester to Richmond and the cheapest airline ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was £495.
What are the most popular destinations in Virginia?
Based on KAYAK flight searches, the most popular destination is Norfolk (41% of total searches to Virginia). The next most popular destinations are Richmond (28%) and Newport News (14%). Searches for flights to Roanoke (14%), Charlottesville (3%) and Lynchburg (1%) are also popular.
Which airport is closest to Shenandoah National Park?
Shenandoah National Park is located in north-western Virginia and some 101 mi by car from Richmond Airport, which should take about 1h 35min if you use I-64 West. However, if your flight to Virginia terminates at Charlottesville Airport, it will leave you just 24 mi (about 40min) away, making this airport closest.
Which airport is most convenient for visiting Alexandria?
The city of Alexandria lies in the north-east of Virginia, near to the national capital, Washington, DC. If you are planning to visit, you can choose between Richmond Airport and Charlottesville Airport as they are similar distances away by car. The drive from Richmond is about 112 mi whereas from Charlottesville it is about 111 mi.
Can I get a flight directly to Blacksburg?
Unfortunately there are no direct flights from the UK to Blacksburg, Virginia. However, you can get a flight out of London Heathrow Airport to Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport (ROA), which is the closest major airport to the city. Flights aboard Delta will usually stop at Detroit Metropolitan Airport and Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport before landing in Roanoke, which is about 39 mi by car from Blacksburg.
I would like to visit Appomattox. Which airport should I use?
The historical town of Appomattox lies about 11 mi south-west of the city of Lynchburg in south-central Virginia. If you fly into Roanoke-Blacksburg Airport, you will be about 75 mi or approx. 1h 25min by car from the town, whereas flying into Charlottesville Airport leaves you 76 mi or approx. 1h 35min by car away.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Book cheap flights to Virginia (Return)
Book cheap flights to Virginia (One-way)
Pros: The crew was very nice and helpful, I had a nice spot on the plane, and it went very smoothly, especially considering the circumstances. I was supposed to be flying to Seattle later on, but I had to change my flight last minute because of the virus. The whole Delta team was very understanding and considerate and it made the process much less stressful.
Cons: My flight was cancelled and rescheduled for a later time the day before and there was a lot of changing of gates and running around, but I understand that everything has been hectic and I don’t blame that on you, I know you’re all doing your best.
Flights to Virginia
- Flights »
- United Kingdom:
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.