Chhatrapati Shivaji location
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport Address400 099, India
(0)22 2682 9000
Domestic Terminal (1A/1B) - +91 22 26264000
International Terminal (2A/2C) - +91 22 26813000
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is one of two airports in Mumbai (formerly Bombay); the other is Santa Cruz Airport, which has only domestic flights. Often referred to simply as the Mumbai airport, Chhatrapati Shivaji (BOM) is about 35 kilometers (about 22 miles) from the city of Mumbai and also is near many tourist attractions, including the Prince of Wales Museum (about 30 km/18 mi), Juhu Beach (4km/2.5 mi), and Essel World & Water Kingdom (70 km/43 mi. Mumbai is one of India largest cities, with a population of nearly 15 million.
Commercial aviation began at the airport in 1932. Since then, numerous expansions and construction projects have made BOM a modern facility, and today it is the busiest airport in India. The airport handles about 400 flights daily for more than 36,000 passengers.
Reviews of the airport are mixed. Many reports show nearly constant construction and renovation taking place at BOM, which can make the airport seem a little chaotic and messy. Some travelers, though, report that the airport is clean and convenient, especially in comparison to airports of a similar size in similar locales.
Signs are located throughout the airport, written in English, Hindi, and Marathi.
The international terminal (Terminal 2) is located at Sahar, east of the suburb of Andheri. It takes about 60-120 minutes (depending on rush hour) by road to reach the main business district city center. The domestic terminal (Terminal 1) is about 60-90 minutes from Mumbai's city center.
There are two terminals at BOM, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Terminal 2 houses international operations and is home to more than 30 airlines. There are 14 passenger board gates in Terminal 2. Terminal 1 caters to domestic flights, which are handled by Indian Airlines and its subsidiaries. There are 6 gates in Terminal 1.
Note that the two terminals are located quite a distance apart from one another - about 4.5 miles (2 km). Free inter-terminal shuttles are available.
- Air France: 26828885
- Air India: 26829597/47
- Air Mauritius: 26829376, 26829547
- Air Sychelles: 26820054
- Alitalia: 26829306
- Biman Bangladesh: 26828957
- British Airways: 26828807
- Cathay Pacific: 26828551/52/53
- Cross Air/Swiss Air: 26828754/51
- Delta Airlines: 26829391
- Egypt Air: 26828089
- El Al Israel: 26829400, 26829381
- Emirates: 26829323, 26829302
- Ethopian Airlines: 26828626
- Gulf Air: 26828653
- Indian Airlines: 26829328
- Iran Air: 26829977
- Kenya Airways: 26829250
- Korean Air: 26829231
- Kuwait Airways: 26829834
- Lufthansa: 26829205
- Malaysia Airlines: 26828935
- Northwest Airlines/KLM: 26828608, 26828610
- Oman Air: 26828875, 26828919
- Qatar Airways: 26828929
- Royal Jordan Airlines: 26828884, 26828569
- Royal Nepal Airlines: 22836199/97/98
- Saudi Arabian Airlines: 26828673
- Singapore Airlines: 26829902
- South African Airlines: 26828673/74
- Srilankan Airlines: 26828966
- Thai International Airlines: 26828063, 26829301
- Yemen Air: 26829216
- Aeroflot: 26828588
Get more information on Mumbai Airport
Cheap Mumbai Flights
These are the cheapest flights found by KAYAK users in the past 48 hours.
- Price Flights
- from £107 Flights New Delhi (DEL) - Mumbai (BOM)
- from £154 Flights Sharjah (SHJ) - Mumbai (BOM)
- from £172 Flights Dubai (DXB) - Mumbai (BOM)
- from £175 Flights Colombo (CMB) - Mumbai (BOM)
- from £244 Flights Riyadh (RUH) - Mumbai (BOM)
- from £256 Flights Singapore (SIN) - Mumbai (BOM)
- from £296 Flights Kuwait City (KWI) - Mumbai (BOM)
- from £425 Flights London (LON) - Mumbai (BOM)
- from £440 Flights Hong Kong (HKG) - Mumbai (BOM)
- from £519 Flights Munich (MUC) - Mumbai (BOM)
Cheap Flights from Mumbai