Find cheap flights to Sweden
Good to know
|January||Best time to beat the crowds (5% less expensive on average)|
|April||Most popular time to fly (20% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£226||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Sweden
- Looking for cheap airfare to Sweden? 25% of our users found return tickets to Sweden for the following prices or less: From Edinburgh Turnhouse £142, from London £166, from Birmingham £220
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June, July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Sweden is January.
- There are 4 airports in close proximity to Stockholm, but the two you are likely to fly into from the UK are Stockholm Arlanda Airport (ARN) and Stockholm Skavsta Airport (NYO), which receives low cost flights to Sweden. If you want to base yourself in the south of Sweden, you could fly into Malmö Airport (MMX) or nearby Copenhagen Airport (CPH) in Denmark, while a flight to Gothenburg-Landvetter Airport (GOT) might be a good idea if you want to stay in the west of the country.
- If you are looking at flights to Sweden so you can travel to the north of the country with the hope of seeing the Northern Lights, you can catch a connecting flight from Arlanda Airport up to Kiruna Airport (KRN) and travel by road to Abisko National Park and the Aurora Sky Station.
- Visitors wanting to spend time in Skåne in the south of Sweden can fly into Malmö, which is the biggest city in the Skåne region. From Malmö Airport, you can travel by road or rail to reach some of the region's most beautiful beaches and castles. An alternative would be to fly to Copenhagen in Denmark which is less 30min away from Malmö by train and is served by several low-cost airlines.
- If you are travelling with small children, you should note that it is mandatory in Sweden for children who are under 4 ft 4 in in height to use an age-appropriate seat when travelling in a car. Short taxi journeys are exempt from this rule but if you are travelling by taxi from the airport, you may be able to book a taxi with a car seat, although you can expect to wait a little longer.
- Sweden is not in the Eurozone and so you will have to have access to SEK. There are ATMs readily available at the airports where you will be able to use your credit or debit card to withdraw cash, however it is largely a cashless society and card payments are accepted in all major establishments.
FAQs - booking Sweden flights
Which airlines have a flexible cancellation policy for flights from the United Kingdom to Sweden due to COVID-19?
Which airlines apply social distancing measures on flights from the United Kingdom to Sweden due to COVID-19?
How long is the flight to Sweden?
What is the cheapest flight to Sweden?
Which airlines fly to Sweden?
What are the most popular destinations in Sweden?
Are there non-stop flights to Sweden?
What is the best airport to use to get to Gothenburg?
Do I need a visa to visit Sweden?
I want to visit the Stockholm archipelago, which airport should I fly into?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Sweden
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Sweden Plane Tickets
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
Flights to Sweden
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.