Find cheap flights to Croatia
Good to know
|April||Best time to beat the crowds (6% less expensive on average)|
|January||Most popular time to fly (18% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|£270||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Croatia
- Looking for cheap airfare to Croatia? 25% of our users found return tickets to Croatia for the following prices or less: From Edinburgh Turnhouse £166, from Birmingham £171, from Bristol £185
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Croatia is October.
- Croatia has a number of airports that receive flights from the UK. Flying into Franjo Trudman Airport Zagreb (ZAG) will allow you to explore the capital city and some of the inland areas of Croatia. If you want to visit the southern tip of the country, consider flying into Dubrovnik Airport (DBV), while flights into Rijeka International Airport (RJK) will take you into the north of Croatia. If you are going to explore the islands off the coast of Croatia, think about flying into Split Airport (SPU).
- If you are looking at flights to Croatia so you can spend some time at the Plitvice Lakes National Park, you should consider flying into Zagreb Airport, where you can transfer to the local bus station to pick up a bus to take you the 80.7 mi to Plitvice Lakes. You could also consider flying into Zadar Airport (ZAD), which is 73 mi away from the national park.
- For visitors wanting to spend time exploring the Istrian Peninsula in the north of Croatia, the best airport to fly into is Pula Airport (PUY), which receives direct flights from a number of airports in the UK, including London Heathrow (LHR), London Stansted (STN), Manchester Airport (MAN) and Birmingham Airport (BHX).
- If you are travelling to the Krka National Park near Šibenik on the coast of Croatia and would like to drive along the coast, there are two main flight options. Šibenik lies halfway between Split and Zadar, so you could book a flight into Zadar Airport or Split Airport, hire a car at the airport and drive the rest of the way up or down the coast.
- In Croatia, if you are planning on driving with children under the age of 5, it is mandatory to have a child car seat. Children between the ages of 5 and 12 should sit on a booster seat in the back seat of the car. When taking taxis from the airport, is advisable to take your own car seat with you – some airlines will allow you to take this as part of your luggage allowance. Alternatively, check with the car hire company whether they will provide a seat when you hire a car.
FAQs - booking Croatia flights
How long is the flight to Croatia?
What is the cheapest flight to Croatia?
Which airlines fly to Croatia?
What are the most popular destinations in Croatia?
Are there direct flights to Croatia?
Do I need a visa for Croatia?
Which Croatian airport is closest to Trogir?
I would like to explore Dubrovnik and the Dalmatian coast in the south, which airport should I fly to?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 4 airlines flying to Croatia
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to Croatia (Return)
Book cheap flights to Croatia (One-way)
Flights to Croatia
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.